Friday, May 18, 2007

Locked Out

I went to Ogden this morning to pick up our race packets for the race tomorrow. The free t-shirt (I guess its not really free) is the coolest free t-shirt I've ever recieved. It is dri-fit, kind of like an under armour shirt.

Anyway, I was getting back to our apt. when I conveniently noticed a posting on the front doors of the building. It read something like this, " Dear Tenant, We decided to activate the security locks on the doors to the apts. with absolutely no advanced notice. We wanted to suprise you and lock you out of your own apt. Consider yourself punked. Sincerely, Management" I guess people who own their condos (i.e. not us) got the codes in the mail. Renters like us are supposed to call whoever they rent from. Thanks for telling us that before you lock the doors.

I am excited for the race tomorrow. To answer Emily's question, my fastest 5k time in high school was 17 min 13 sec. My goal for tomorrow is to run under 21 minutes. So, wish me luck.

I was going to write a post updating you all on our non-running lives, but I don't have time before work because I was locked out (yes, I am still bitter). So, I will do that tomorrow or Sunday. But, I will leave you with 5 must download songs that I love.

In no particular order:
1. Regina Spektor - Fidelity (or Samson)
2. M. Ward - To Go Home (The only one who likes M. Ward more than me is Mel)
3. Brandi Carlisle - Josephine (Those of you who went with us to Dave Matthews a few years back might remember that she played on one of the side stages. She has signed with a big time label and they play her on the radio and VH1 every know and then)
4. White Stripes - We're Going to be Friends (You might remember this tasty little number from Napoleon Dynamite. The White Stripes are awesome but I don't think they'll suit (sp.) everyone's taste)
5. Johnny Cash - Get Rythm

2 comments:

Jenny said...

GOOD LUCK on that race! I'll be sleeping in my cozy bed! Just kidding. I love that feeling of getting up early to run a race, even though I've only done it twice. Have fun! Let us know how it goes.

Emily said...

That is very lucky that you got a cool t-shirt! Let me tell you, 90% of the time they are ugly and just cotton. I really wish races would let you see some of them ahead of time and then decide. But, I suppose they can always work as a "workout" t-shirt. We got VERY luck at the Chief Joseph run last year... the t-shirts were actually cool.

I understand your bitterness from being locked out. (esp. in your case!) A month or so ago, I was leaving Walmart with Evan (Tom and Jordyn both at school) and I took my keys out of my pocket and my car key was broken in half, right in the middle! So, I called Susan and she rescued us. I was VERY stupid and did not have a key copy at home or with me. She drove us back to my apt., waited with Evan and katherine while I took her car and drove to pick Jordyn up at school. Then we waited for TOm to get home and he had the extra key. Now we have copies!