Monday, June 11, 2007

More to come

I wanted to make a quick post before work and then I'll post again after work. My official training starts today. Yes, it is a week later than I should be starting, but for some reason last week was really busy and I couldn't find time to set up a training schedule. I got a training calendar from my brother Joel that I will be using. My long run this weekend is going to be 8 or 9 miles. It has been awhile, so I am pretty excited to run that far. Also, I have mentioned muscle/joint pains that I have experienced since I started running again. I started to suspect my shoes, so I switched to my old shoes that are falling apart. No pain whatsoever, so I am going to invest in new shoes that will hopefully work out like my old old shoes.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

We keep checking your blog. We're glad you are back to posting. Good luck on the long road ahead!! Is it hot there yet?

Emily said...

Do you have a good area to run in down there? Trails or neighborhoods?
I like the Asics brand of shoes. Very fitting to your foot and also inexpensive.