Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mela-kaliki-wanna

I just made that word up based off of a song that Mel is always singing. It is is official -- Mel and I are going to Hawaii from August 18th-August 26th. I have never traveled outside of the western United States (continental, that is). If it wasn't for Jenny and Chris's wedding, I would have never traveled east of Montana/Arizona (I don't know which one is further east and I am too lazy to look at a map). We basically just want to sit on the beach and relax for the whole week. Other activities that we are considering are: snorkeling, climbing a volcano, boogey boarding, and going to the polynesian center for the lua. We are probably going to spend half of the week on the Big Island and half of the week on O'ahu. I think that it would be fun to run a 5k or something while we are there. Would that ruin the whole relax on the beach idea?

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hey, your trip sounds awesome. That will be fun. I think you should run a race in Hawaii, not many can say they have! The trick this summer is to keep up our training even on vacation - that will be hard. My schedule doesn't leave alot of room for slacking!

Jenny said...

Yeah.....that sounds like the best trip ever. I will hide in your suitcases and escape to Hawaii too! This past weekend we were just sitting on the beach in Michigan at Joel's place and it is so relaxing!! Don't forget to schedule your relax time or it will never happen.

Emily said...

Ok, I'm jealous.
We keep getting that song "Mela-kaliki-wanna", or whatever it is, stuck in our head every time we look at your blog!

Emily said...

You are going to hit the "one month of no posts" mark, soon! We are anxiously awaiting....